Trust Your Smile to Our Experienced Orthodontist
As a key component of our comprehensive, prevention-focused approach to pediatric dentistry, Dentistry for Children, P.C. provides specialty orthodontic care for children (and even adults). Our team of professionals consists of a full-time orthodontist in Weymouth, MA, four pediatric dentists, and an experienced staff of dental hygienists and assistants. Every member of our clinical support staff is trained in both pediatric dentistry and orthodontics.
Our integrated approach to your child’s care provides numerous benefits when compared to taking your child to a different office for orthodontic treatment.
- Dr. Woland and our pediatric dentists regularly consult with each other about your child’s care with the goal of making treatment seamless and comprehensive. This is made possible thanks to all of our specialists working together as one practice.
- Your child’s pediatric checkup visits are routinely scheduled together with his/her orthodontic visits to cut down on the total number of trips to the dentist.
- Our hygienists and assistants are able to remove our orthodontist’s archwires to do a more thorough dental cleaning at your child’s check-up appointments.
- Dr. Woland applies fluoride varnish to your child’s teeth at every other orthodontic visit (and sometimes more frequently in certain situations) to help prevent enamel decalcifications, which can result from poor oral hygiene. These orthodontic fluoride varnish applications, a $75 value each, are free of charge to our orthodontic patients.
- If Dr. Woland detects a dental problem, such as a cavity or a tooth requiring extraction, or if your child needs any routine dental care such as sealants, any necessary treatment can be scheduled to coincide with your child’s orthodontic visits.
- We have a dedicated, upstairs, state-of-the-art orthodontic suite with digital imaging and fully integrated electronic records.
- We offer a BracesBucks™ awards program to help motivate your child throughout orthodontic treatment. Your child can accumulate BracesBucks™ to earn gift cards such as Apple, Walmart, Dunkin Donuts, Target, Amazon and McDonalds.
- There is no separate charge for your child’s first set of retainers at the end of treatment. They are included in your orthodontic fee.
- Every orthodontic patient receives an orthodontic mouth guard at no charge to help prevent dental injuries during sports.
- Once your child begins treatment with our orthodontist, the total fee for his/her orthodontic records is credited back to your account.
BracesBucks™ Rewards Program
As a way of saying thanks to our patients, and to encourage your child to stay involved in your orthodontic treatment, we have created the Dentistry for Children, P.C. BracesBucks™ program. This program is designed to reward patients who successfully comply with their orthodontic care by distributing BracesBucks that are redeemable for many great prizes.
- BracesBucks are awarded at your regular appointments. Emergencies do not count.
- The number of BracesBucks you can earn is up to you.
- You can redeem your BracesBucks at any time.
- Treat your BracesBucks like real money. Once you spend them, or if you lose them, they are gone.
- If you refer someone to our office, be sure they mention your name so that you can earn your BracesBucks.
- The dental assistant will be the judge of your arrival time and oral hygiene.
- You must present evidence of your honor roll standing.
- If you join Facebook, please let us know – we’ll check our Facebook fan page.
- Redeem 15 BracesBucks for a $5 gift card to Dunkin Donuts or McDonalds
- Redeem 25 BracesBucks for a $10 gift card to Walmart
- Redeem 50 BracesBucks for a $25 gift card to the Apple Store, Target, or Amazon
How to Earn BracesBucks
- Arrive on time for your regularly scheduled appointment (1 BracesBuck)
- No visible plaque on teeth or braces (1 BracesBuck)
- Healthy, pink gums that don’t bleed with brushing (1 BracesBuck)
- Nothing loose or broken since your last regularly scheduled appointment (1 BracesBuck)
- Good cooperation with your elastics, headgear or retainer wear (1 BracesBuck)
- Become a fan of Dentistry for Children, P.C. on Facebook (1 BracesBuck)
- Present your DFC “I Got My 6 Month Checkup and Cleaning Certificate” (2 BracesBucks)
- Present your DFC “I Got My 4 Month Check-up and Cleaning Certificate” (5 BracesBucks)
- Making honor roll at school (5 BracesBucks)
- Refer a friend for orthodontics (10 BracesBucks); get a bonus 15 BracesBucks if your friend has their braces placed
Remember, the more you participate, the more BracesBucks you earn!
Information For New Orthodontic Patients
At Dentistry for Children, P.C., we have been creating beautiful smiles for our patients since 1975.Now, due to popular demand from our parents, we also offer orthodontic treatment for adults. Thank you for choosing our practice for your child’s orthodontic treatment. We look forward to helping your child work towards a healthier smile.
Your First Visit
If your child is already our pediatric dental patient, we provide complimentary orthodontic examinations at each and every periodic check-up visit. Rest assured that we will refer your child to our pediatric orthodontist, Dr. Woland, as soon as we determine that a developing malocclusion or orthodontic need warrants.
If your child is not yet a patient of our practice, we look forward to meeting him or her.
All initial appointments with our orthodontist are complimentary. This initial appointment will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of potential treatment options.
We know your time is valuable, so to expedite treatment, we may also reserve time following the examination for diagnostic records. The records typically include digital X-rays, photos and impressions for digital study models. These records are essential to developing appropriate treatment plans.
This additional appointment will last approximately 45 minutes. If you choose to proceed with comprehensive orthodontic care at Dentistry for Children, P.C., the total fee for his or her orthodontic records is credited back to your account.
During the initial examination, our orthodontist will address the following issues:
- Is treatment needed now, or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption, or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures are required to correct the malocclusion?
- Do any primary or permanent teeth need to be extracted at this time?
- How long will treatment take?
While we can often answer general questions about treatment during the initial examination, a thorough analysis of the diagnostic records is required in order to develop specific treatment recommendations. You’ll be scheduled for a consultation visit with Dr. Woland who, once he’s reviewed your child’s records, will discuss treatment specifics, anticipated treatment time and financial arrangements.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your child’s initial orthodontic appointment:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months
- Any information you may have regarding your orthodontic insurance coverage
By providing us with this information at your child’s first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
as well as those throughout the South Shore.